Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas Eve hosted by Larry's sister, Katy, followed by church at Holy Trinity.  For Christmas, we all (Larry's parents, my parents, and his sister) gathered at our house.  The tree looked like a Mussig tree, reaching the ceiling and surrounded by gifts.
 Before Grandparents
After Grandparents

We ate brunch like we used to have Christmas Eve at the Mussigs'.  I did my best to recreate Mom's grits since Kraft no longer makes cheese rolls.  
Here's the altered recipe:
cook one cup grits according to package (wait to thicken)
add 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of cream, salt and pepper to taste, 1.5 cans of cheese whiz (yes the stuff on the cracker isle) Mix thoroughly in a saucepan.  Then pour into a greased pyrex dish and cook at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  Take it out and stir then top with crumbled Frito's and put in for five minutes.

The grits were creamery than I remember but Mom loved them!  

After we ate it was present time.  This was they year of the Garmin for our parents.  

Then for Larry and I it was new hobbies-his hunting and mine sewing:
Where's Larry???

My first project after my lesson-Don't zoom in!!!!

Baby Fischer racked up too:

From Linda






From Nancy

It was a great holiday filled with family and church.  We are truly blessed in so many facets of our lives, and for that I am grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment