Friday, April 20, 2012

We are moving to a farm!

Larry and I bought a new house in Beauregard about ten minutes from our current house. It is a log cabin on 80 acres. It is going to be an adventure.
We arrived Friday afternoon. I met Cleve the pool guy and he taught me how to take the cover off. The pool was dark green. He got to work on the pump. Meanwhile, Larry was picking up a gator 4x4. Later that day, Nancy and Peter Cutler came to see the place. We had our first gator ride as land owners. Fischer loves it. We put him in the Baby Bjorn and off we ride.

Saturday was busy. We took a load of furniture to the new house. I brushed the pool to get up more algae. We met the foresters that have been managing the land. We explored the property with them and they filled us in on some of the work they did. Saturday night we had Micah and Megan Peckham over. Larry, Fischer, the Dogs and I enjoyed our first rain storm on the metal roof.

Sunday we relaxed some. I cleaned the pool again. The water is finally somewhat clear. The dogs got to go on their first gator ride. We are all tired from a busy weekend. Larry and I can't wait to move there permanently.

1 comment: