Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Quick Ham Hash

It's getting colder and so we are back to making soups and heavier casserole dishes. Last night we had a truly Linda Mussig meal: Quick Ham Hash and Chocolate Chip Cookies. For most holidays Mom would get a honey baked ham with the bone. After we ate ham sandwiches on potatoes rolls until we ran out of rolls, Mom would use the rest of the ham and mix up this dish.

Ingredients:
24 oz frozen hash brown (defrosted and crumbled up)
1cup fresh/frozen onion (we leave it out)
4oz grated cheddar (or more if you wish...I use pre shredded cheese...Mom grated hers)
1/2 cup sour cream
1tsp pepper
1tsp salt
2 cups chopped ham (I use the pre cubed ham that is for omelets)
1 can of cream of chicken
3-4 oz melted butter

Mix together in a large mixing bowl. Spread mixture into a pre greased (Mom used butter, I use PAM) 8x12 or 9x13 Pyrex dish.

TOPPING
2oz melted butter
4oz grated cheddar cheese
2 cups unsweetened cornflakes crumbled (or anything crunchy...we've used potato chips)

Mix together and place on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this. We do! Maybe next time I will take a picture before we devour it.

Thank you to the Shelton's for joining us for dinner and giving me a reason to make cookies for desert. Fischer ate his first cookie. I kept chips out of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment