Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012...the due date

Well, the wait for baby Fischer continues.  Thursday after the 100th day of school, I began having contractions.  They continued all night every thirty minutes; I decided to call in my long term substitute.  Friday evening, they were around seven minutes apart.  By Saturday, at 12:00 am, they were four to five minutes apart.  Labor and delivery gave us permission to come for observation.  Shortly after arriving, the contractions were about 2 minutes apart.  We thought we would have Fischer.  Unfortunately, the contractions were not producing the conditions allowing Fischer to come out.  After five hours, the doctor didn't want to induce. He thought we would be back when the contractions were stronger, and that my body would do everything it needed.  Since then the contractions have stopped.  We eagerly await his arrival.

Today we went and got our toes painted baby blue.  Katy (Larry's sister), Ellie, and I each got different sports balls on our big toes.
Tomorrow at 12:50 I go back to the doctor.  We will see what he says next.  Maybe progress will be made.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment