Monday, March 12, 2012

Our First big trip to Atlanta

On Tuesday March 28 Fischer and I took ouar first solo trip to Atlanta.  At this time he was not sleeping well at night.  After a feeding he would stay awake for one to two hours.  I was tired, but decided we would leave depending on his schedule.  It was 6:30am and he seemed wide awake after the 4:30 feeding.  I gave up on him going back to sleep so I got in the shower. By the time I was out, he was sound asleep.  I took my que and went to bed too. 

Then around 9:30 he was up again.  I finished getting ready and began gathering the things I would need for us in Atlanta that could not go in the car the night before.  Another hour went by and after loading everything up it was time to put Fischer in the car.  Luckily he likes his car seat.  After a quick stop at McDonalds for lunch, we were off on I-85.  It normally takes around two hours, but for just Mommy and Fischer the trip took over three hours.  For those of you that made the Auburn Atlanta trip often I hit slow traffic about LaGrange.  Then we stopped at Hogansville where I got gas and decided Fischer looked like he was ready for food.  I pulled into the Ingles, with the large banner that says American Owned.  I got in the back and feed Fischer, then were off again.

We arrived at my parents house and I unloaded into the hallway, feed again, and loaded him back into the car seat to get Mom at Dogwood Forest, the assisted living place where she lives.   When we arrived she was so excited.  She can't always connect to who the baby is and her relationship with it, but she loves him.  She is calling him by his name or Sweetie Pie.  She tells him that she wants him to come live with her.  Occasionally she say "He's your right?"  She loves to sit and hold him and tell him how handsome he is. 

When my dad arrived Tuesday evening we took mom to eat at Five Guys.  She just looked at Fischer and smiled.  If he looked like he was going to get fussy she would talk to him and rock his seat.  After dinner we went back to my Dads house. 

Dad has the same pack and play we have, and it is up in my room.  Dad held Fischer while I got ready for bed and let me get some rest, he was not going to sleep until 11pm or 12 at that time.  We tried a formula bottle which my Dad gave him.  He slept good for being in a new place. 

The next day we had to get Mom for her nail and hair appointment.  I got up and bathed Fischer, and dressed him in a cute outfit.  Then I got ready.  It amazes me how long it takes to get us ready.  We got mom and Fischer was great.  After our appointments Mom wanted to get him some new clothes.  We went shopping. She got him his first bathing suit.

My mom lasts longer on outings now that Fischer is here. She seems happier and like she enjoys life more.  It is a blessing.  I am trying to spend as much time with her as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment