Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cliff notes on our life since May

I haven't been on the laptop lately.  Trying to blog from the I-pad is tricky.  We have been very busy. I am grateful I don't have to return to work in the fall because I am not relaxed yet.  I am not sure when "summer break" will start.
Just to catch you up here's a sample of what has been going on:
1.  On June 4, we moved the furniture to the new house.  Since then we have been buried in boxes and having a baby has slowed down the moving process.  It has been nice to have our stuff all in one place.  However, there are a few things that are missing in action, and like on most moves things I haven't seen in years that reappear.
2. On June 9, we left for a week beach trip to New Smyrna Beach in Florida.   My Dad took us and we were able to see many of our Florida friends.  It was very relaxing after moving. Having three adults to one baby seems to be the way to go.
3.  June 18-22, I worked for College of Science and Math's outreach program and taught a week long science camp.  Fischer be-bopped from friend to friend for childcare.
4. Fischer and I made a trip to Atlanta to visit my parents at the beginning of July.
5.  By July 4, we unpacked all the boxes we are opening until Aunt Katy moves out and we gain another closet.  Larry also began the task of bush hogging the trails and fields. (Yes we own a tractor, and I know how to use it too!)
6.  On July 9, we found renters for our Auburn house that did not sell. They move in August 1.  This is a huge relief since my paycheck will soon stop.  Also it is one less yard for Larry to tend to, and one less house for me to clean!
7.  This week, I have been held captive in our home trying to get Fischer on a schedule.  I think so far this is more exhausting than just watching his cues.  I am no closer to knowing when he will nap.  His naps haven't improved much.  He is laying in his crib without screaming. Baby steps I guess.  However, I was hoping for 2 2 hour naps like the baby book says.  Sleeping for him has decreased and he is back to waking in the night.  I guess he just loves his parents.
8.  Next week, I teach my second week of science camp.  A babysitter is coming to the house to continue to work a schedule for Fischer.

No comments:

Post a Comment